Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday 22 January 2010

Sometimes I run out of ideas for titles

I have been beleaguered by requests to blog (two only, actually), and I myself was getting tired of seeing the post on Singtel's poor services. So here goes, an update of my life in Sillypore:

Of late I have developed an obsession for blog-hopping. I like visiting tommy's blog, which nearly guarantees an update every other day, obsessing over the latest developments in his wonderful life. I also frequently look at greenrawks, hoping for the latest news on her working life so far. I turn to meow, in want for hilarious posts written in traditonal chinese (but usually I am sorely disappointed for he has ceased his blogging adventures for a while).

I then visit arcanewolf, which is a rich source of entertainment, because in contrast to the painful blue shades of her blog, the content is the water colour palette of an overtly imaginative child. I click on '6c35', but am not surprised to see the stark lack of updates. The existing few comprises posts by five promising writers, out of a class of 25. I also frequent the top link on the left, titled 'Life'. It is an ever-evolving piece of canvas. And then there are the others.

I have tired of writing about relationships and people. I shall talk about something which is totally unexpected from me. Let's talk about food.

I had the cheapest western food at beach road, army market. Chicken cutlet with fried rice sets you back by $3.50, and it is quite filling, and tasty too. The rest of the dishes is not exorbitant either, quite the contrary. Then there is the western in some part of Eunos, in the heartlands. I have no idea where it is, so the description stops here.

Talking about western, I have to mention the coffee shop stall in Hougang. Come find me if interested. Other than western, the best char siew rice retails in Kovan, also along the Northeast Line. The stall is called 勿洛熟食; expect lunchtime queues. What's more, the toilets are supposedly one of the cleanest in Singapore.

I like chicken rice. I eat it often. The stall near Hougang Mall sells delicious chicken rice, though it would be overkill to go there just to eat it. But the chicken rice stall at AMK Central is cool. The Hainanese chicken should be recommended over its roasted version. Try the tahu goreng! The congee stall is owned by them too, and it's good stuff.

How about desserts? The soya bean market is dominated by Mr Bean, other than the few weirdos like pinle who thought they were good enough competition to join in the fray. But if you dislike the Mr Bean francise, I might suggest N & B Snacks. I know of two dining areas - one near Serangoon MRT, and the other near Potong Pasir MRT. It's air-conditioned, but rather cramped if you plan to bring more than 3 people with you.

There also happen to be a dessert stall near Potong Pasir MRT (only just opposite). They have quite a variety, but I like the black sesame paste, which I believe is only available on weekends. ): Not many sell black sesame paste, and even lesser sell scrumptious black sesame paste.

Someone's birthday coming? You could visit Rive Gauche for attractive confectionery in Tampines One, though there are also branches in Plaza Sing, Suntec and Taka. The selection is limited, but is more varied and tastes much better than Awfully Chocolate's chocolate cakes.

Well this is it for now.