Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Lessons

I was scanning through my old blog posts to put the new 'Food' label on those posts about new foodie haunts. I came across some posts about my NS experience too, and I figure, I'm finally coming to the realisation that the good times actually manage to balance out the really bad ones. Took me long enough huh. For example I came across the one on Juliet ProTerm/Golf FoundTerm graduating and some memories came flooding back, especially the ones in Thailand. I made lots of mistakes, but in the end my cadets appreciated and credited my efforts. The section was small and tight-knit, and they all graduated successfully. I managed to see mirror images of myself in a couple of them, and I hoped I gave them a better training than my predecessors gave me.

On hindsight, even though I knew I have been careful with the lives of my charges, especially during those code black training days, there were some occasions where I might have toed the line. I have never fallen out during training sessions myself; so I expect everyone else to be able to be stronger than me, because I was really unfit. But you won't been thinking that when there is a death of a trainee on your hands.

There were lessons to be learnt then.