Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday 3 April 2010

Army Daze

The clock on my computing device reads 3.39 am.
I sit at my kitchen table typing away at a blog post. The battery is quickly running out of juice.
The soup in my stomach drains away, and I ready myself for a McDonald's Breakfast Conquest.

One month in the army has passed, and I say with some restraint that time has passed rather quickly. This is because nothing much has changed since becoming enlisted, except that I have passed my 2.4 and SBJ, although these hardly qualify as achievements. When nothing big happens in a period of time, these days pass hastily. You hardly feel Time's presence (or absence?) until you realise that he betrayed you by leaving when you need it most. Yet time passed slowly, for us who:

"Oh I don't want to live an army life hey
IC I wanna go
OC don't let me go
Mummy I wanna go home~

I am in Viper Coy, of which the report sick ratio is rather astonishing, and that's about it. We have rather decent commanders, especially our PC, who makes me want to quickly pass my IPPT.

The clock now reads 3.50 am.
I end off a post on my computing device.