Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday 21 January 2012

And then you walked out of my life without telling me

Went to Haw Par Villa today; not sure if I had gone there before when I was a kid. I always thought it was a mouldy and run-down place of interest marked for tearing down but hasn't been developed into something else yet because it has no value to add to. Well, if not for the 10 courts of Hell the visit might have been cut even shorter; I was pretty interested in what I would have to go through in my afterlife. Among the ghastly affairs I have to partake in would include: Digging out my heart, cutting off my tongue and if I recall correctly sawing of body into half.

Thereafter the assemblage headed off to Red Dot Design Museum to check out what kind of award-winning products advanced technology has brought us. What wow-ed me was this mini jigsaw puzzle ring, screw-less spectacles and a high-technology toilet bowl that possesses several auto-cleansing properties and a temperature-regulated seat. [Woo, "Shit just got real"]

The original plan was to proceed to Medz at Orchard Central for lunch but everyone was hungry so we settled on a close-by market/food centre. Had wanton noodles and pudding-style soya bean curd. Noodle shop is supposedly a recommendation of "成人杂志" back in 2000. That aside, I guess they are pretty good if they can stay around for more than 10 years. The soya bean curd, on the other hand, was a bit too watery. I figure it was just normal to have different stores catering to different taste-buds in this "modern soya bean curd" industry. Also, coincidentally, U Weekly did a two-page recommendation of various stalls selling soya bean curd for this week's edition. There was "老伴" from Old Airport Road, another stall from Maxwell Food Centre (which I tried, average, lady boss quite naggy), a Selegie stall at Toa Payoh and a couple others.

More dinners next week to look forward to!