Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Toast Box

I'm waiting for my goat milk now. Placed the order on Saturday and it's arriving on Thursday.

I bought goat milk because a friend has gastric problems and he claims that the milk can alleviate his ills. So I'm going to try starting/ending the day with warm/cold goat milk and see if it helps. My stomach ailments have become more frequent and it is very distracting indeed. I have stopped taking coffee in the morning because I always wake up with a swirling stomach and coffee seems to make it worse. This is also the reason I am looking for ginger tea, but the ginger tea I have at home is spicy on the palate but doesn't really warm up the stomach. I've browsed through some basic TCM books and a few claim that Asians tend to have 'cold' stomachs (寒胃)?

Had our first meal at Toast Box today; don't try the ice tea/coffee melaka! Not for the faint-hearted. The coconut sugar has a very weird taste that I couldn't cope with and eventually I left half of it untouched. There goes $1.90 ($3.80 per glass)! The thick toast and eggs were fine though, but the supposedly delicious Bo Luo You (pineapple bun with a slice of butter) was not great. Toast-wise the butter milk thick toast was fragrant but it might get a little jelat if you try to finish it all by yourself. I have no preference for the 'traditional kaya toast' between Ya Kun or Toast Box but the folks find the Ya Kun's bread crispier. Planned to eat the fried dumplings and rice dumplings at Neil Road but were too filled up at Toast Box and Outram Park MRT felt like an inconvenient ride from MBS~

Yep, went to MBS (ArtScience) for the HP Exhibition, which I didn't really enjoy because I have ceased being a HP fan since a few years back? It felt a little short and the (I forgot the word 'merchandise' and went to google but turned up this (?!) instead) stuff at the end were total rip-offs. Some of the wands felt so plasticky but were super pricey (there is a set of six wands going for $350). A plain t-shirt with a HP crest costs fifty bucks. The cheapest things - Bertie Botts' (jelly beans...) and 'chocolate frogs' cost six bucks a pop. An exhibition guide alone would set you back by thirty. A photograph that was taken before the exhibition trail by temp staff would be another twenty for a 6R size. Too crazy!